Block Grant Training for Providers
Block Grant Webinars
Sandhills Center is committed to ensuring that our network providers have the necessary tools to provide quality care to our members. Sandhills Center previously held two mandatory provider training and technical assistance webinars for all providers who received deficiencies during a Block Grant Review. The training and technical assistance focused on the deficiencies outlined in the summary of Sandhills Center Plan of Correction. The first webinar provided an overview of the Substance Abuse Block Grant requirements. Specifically, the following items were addressed:
Women's Set-Aside Funding--
- Evidence that the member received gender-specific services that address areas including, but not limited to, parenting, domestic violence, eating disorders, relationships and recovery.
- Including documentation that the member's transportation needs were assessed and addressed
- Correct Benefit plan target population assignment
Work First Record Requirements--
- Completion of the SUDDS IV
The second webinar provided an overview of the Substance Abuse Block Grant requirements, with an emphasis placed on NC-TOPPS and Documentation Requirements as follows:
NC-TOPPS requirements and guidelines--
- What service requires a NC-TOPPS.
- How funding affects the requirement for NC-TOPPS.
- The schedule of NC-TOPPS.
- How to complete the NC-TOPPS electronic or paper.
- How NC-TOPPS are beneficial to providers.
- Why Super Users are important.
- How to request changes.
- Contacts at Sandhills Center.
Requirements of the Records Management and Documentation Manual for Providers of Publicly-Funded MH/DD/SA Services CAP-MR/DD Services and Local Management Entities will be covered including--
- Required components of a valid consent to release information
- Evidence of a signed release of information between the individual's referring county department of social services and provider to communicate regarding assessment and disposition
- Required components of service documentation
As part of the webinars, linked below are a Q&A, a PowerPoint presentation and two videos. If you have questions please contact the following Sandhills Center Staff:
- Women's Set-Aside Funding or Work First Record Requirements
- NC-TOPPS requirements and guidelines - Liz Hammond-Stebbins, Grievance and Incident Report Manager, 910-673-7009; or Barbara Barnes, Grievance and NC-TOPPS Specialist, 910-673-7482.
- Documentation requirements - Mary Kidd, Quality Management Director, 910-673-7423.
Block Grant Q&A