The North Carolina Innovations Waiver is a resource for funding services and supports for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities who are at risk for institutional care in an Intermediate Care Facility for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities (ICF/IDD). NC Innovations provides an array of community-based services and supports. These are alternatives to institutional care that promote choice, control and community integration. Individuals on NC Innovations Waivers must meet eligibility criteria.
NC Innovations seeks to support individuals to live the life they choose by:
- Valuing and supporting waiver participants to be full-functioning members of their communities.
- Promoting promising practices that result in real-life outcomes for participants.
- Providing opportunities for all participants to direct their services to the extent that they choose.
- Offering service options that facilitate each participant's ability to live in homes they choose, gain employment or engage in a purposeful day of their choice, and achieve their life goals.
- Providing educational opportunities and support to foster the development of stronger natural support networks and enable participants to be less reliant on formal support systems.
THE REGISTRY OF UNMET NEEDS
Sandhills Center maintains a waiting list called the “Registry of Unmet Needs.” It is for people who want to get NC Innovations Waiver services. There is a waiting list due to limited funding and available waiver slots. To learn more about the list and how people can get on it, visit our Registry of Unmet Needs page.
ELECTRONIC VISIT VERIFICATION
- EVV FAQ
IMPORTANT NC INNOVATIONS WAIVER INFORMATION
- Joint Communication Bulletin JCB 381 NC Innovations Waiver & TBI Waiver-Retainer Payments
- LME-MCO Communications Bulletin J300
- CB J297 Proposed Bulletin to LME-MCO, LS v Wos Instruction
- NC Innovations Waiver Renewal, Effective July 1, 2019
- Please click here for more information about the NC Innovations Waiver Renewal
- NC Innovations Waiver changes effective Nov. 1, 2016:
- Clinical Coverage Policy No: 8P (North Carolina Innovations Waiver)
- Intro to NC Innovations Waiver Changes
- Individual Budgets and Choice
- The SIS and ISP Planning
- Resource Allocation - from the 2016 Listening Tours
- Proposed Service Definition Changes
- Frequently Asked Questions About Respite Services
- Transition from the Current NC Innovations Service Array
- Frequently Asked Question About Residential Supports
- Handbook and Information
- Managing Employer Handbook 12-01-12
- North Carolina Innovations Waiver Handbook
- Individual/Family Directed Service Options
- Community Guide Fact Sheet
- Agency With Choice Fact Sheet
- Individual Goods and Services Fact Sheet
- Description of Duties of Representative
- Individual and Family Directed Supports Handbook
- Beneficiary Responsibilities
- Employer of Record Handbook 12-01-14