Training & Events
Each year, Sandhills Center conducts a thorough evaluation of the training needs of providers and staff throughout our service area by seeking input from various committees and community collaboratives. This evaluation process is comprehensive and wide-reaching because we have a long-standing commitment to building a strong network of providers for the communities we serve.
Through the use of targeted training sessions, technical assistance and community education, we are elevating the quality of services being offered through our area. We are ensuring that members are served by well-trained, experienced provider staff that are up to date on the most advanced clinical practices.
A number of training opportunities, workshops and events are available to Sandhills Center's Provider Network. In addition to an annual orientation for providers and a clinical training series throughout the year, we offer online and in-person tools and training sessions to teach providers how to access and send secure emails and how to use the ALPHA MCS billing system.
Additionally, Sandhills Center hosts a variety of regular events such as quarterly Provider Forums in which we listen to feedback and make adjustments to help you serve members. Please refer to the following topics and training pages for specific information, and also visit the training and events calendar to view and register for upcoming opportunities.
Learning Management System
Sandhills Center providers:
Today we are launching our new Tailored Plan Learning Management System (LMS). As stated in a previous correspondence and the August Provider Forum, the LMS will be used to track our required Tailored plan training.
You may use this link to access the LMS https://sandhillscenteraccess2ed.org/sclms/login/index.php effective today.
As part of the Tailored Plan requirements, member-facing direct service Providers (e.g., clinicians, care managers, QPs, peer supports etc.) must complete required trainings.
Important Information about Registration: To get started in the LMS, you must first complete the registration. You only have to register in the system once. Please take your time and review the detailed instructions carefully to ensure you are registering correctly. In addition, there will be videos on the main page with information about how to register in the LMS system as well as how to navigate the courses once you have logged in.
A few key items to note:
- You should make sure that cookies are enabled on your browser.
- During Registration, you will be asked to select:
- Role - enter provider
- Provider Role
- Agency - write in option (write the complete agency name – no abbreviations)
- Sandhills Center Provider ID – obtain this from your agency (this number is located in Alpha; staff that submit SARs will know it or can find it).
If you run into problems while registering, you can click on the “?” symbol on the bottom right corner of the webpage, select “Contact Site Support,” and fill out the form. You will receive a response within 24 hours. Once you have registered and logged into your account, you can access your assigned courses by selecting “My courses” at the top of the screen.
The LMS training will take time to review. Once you have completed your review, you will take a quiz. You will have a limited number of times to successfully complete the quiz. A certificate will be awarded when your training is complete.
Some of the training sessions that will be available on the LMS are required by the State, others are optional. You will find the required trainings on the homepage under the “My courses” tab. Other optional training will be found on the “Network Provider” tab. Also, we do have 2 training sessions that are still in the approval process. As they become available, they will be loaded onto the learning portal and a notice will go out to registered providers.
The required training will include 8 presentations:
- Health Promotion and Prevention (with 3 topics covered Infection Control and Prevention Practices, Tobacco Cessation and Prevention and Population Health Programs)
- Crossover to NC Medicaid Managed Care Tailored Plan Sandhills Center Provider Education – not yet available
- Block Grant Training
- Provider Billing Guidance – not yet available
- EPSDT and Into the Mouths of Babes
- Fraud Waste and Abuse
- Provider Orientation, which includes Provider Network Operations (with Provider Grievance and Appeals), Quality Management, Customer Services, Care Management / Utilization Management, NC Innovations, Housing, and Sandhills Center Website
- Culturally Linguistically Competent Care Training
- Overview of State Funded Services (required for only State funded providers as a self-enroll course)
Optional self-enroll training will be available on the LMS for all providers:
- Transitions of Care
- Guidance for Clozapine Prescribing and Monitoring
- First Episode Psychosis (FEP)
- System of Care Principles and Processes in NC
- High Fidelity Wraparound Service
- Medicaid B-3 Services
A possible option for uploading certificates for training taken with another Tailored Plan is being considered. There would be exceptions, and all trainings specific to Sandhills Center processes would still be required. More information will be forthcoming.
All of this information will be reported to the State per the Tailored plan requirement.
If you have questions: please contact firstname.lastname@example.org